Monday 28 October 2013

Ballroom Dancing


Dancing is really fun! I really like dancing and there’s many as to why I like dancing. It keeps me fit for one. Doing a quick step or a samba or rumbas or any of the other dancers works different muscle groups. Wearing high heels also gives me great calf definition. Holding yourself in position while you run full pelt gives you great core strength. Going to dancing I slice a party and a gym at the same time. Getting a partner in ballroom dancing can be very difficult. For men it is very easy but for women it is very tricky because there so many women that love dancing and sadly not enough men to partner them.

Ballroom dancing can be very expensive as a sport. One of the most expensive things are shoes and the wear out very quickly so a constant supply is necessary. Ballroom dresses are also very expensive because they use real diamonds in the dresses which I think is dangerous because people might want to steal them. Training is also very expensive because getting private lessons is essential but they cost a lot of money.

Doing competitions is really fun because you get the adrenaline rush of competing against fellow dance lovers. The energy in the air is electric and can even make your hair stand on end. My big fear however is when I dance I may trip over which I know isn’t a great thing to have in my head but as long as I get a good start I am completely fine!